Parent Participation Information 2022-2023
LCYC will offer two types of roles for parent participation for the 2022-2023 school year. If you are registered for parent participation in the fall, please review the information below and complete this survey regarding your preference.
As an alternative to in-person co-oping we will continue to offer select positions outside of the classroom. These positions are limited and are on a first come first serve basis. They include: Housekeeping Chair, Fundraising & Auction Committee, Weekly Email Coordinator, Snack Manager, and Library Assistant. Click here to view the full job descriptions for these roles.
This position helps the teacher and assistant with hands-on activities in the classroom. You will typically be the third adult in the classroom, except on occasion where there may only be two adults if a teacher is out. Classroom duties may include playing with the students in dramatic play or free play, reading books, assisting with art projects and center time, helping students wash their hands and assisting with transition times; as well as prepping and cleaning items in the classroom (sweeping, cleaning tables, washing items, etc.) Classroom co-opers are scheduled approximately once per month for a 3.5 hour commitment (9am-12:30pm), a maximum ten times per year (September-June), per student enrolled.
Requirements for in classroom co-oping:
- LCYC Co-op Training in-person Thursday, September 8, 7-8pm.
- State & Federal Fingerprint Background Check: you must bring a completed Livescan Form with you to your fingerprint appointment. There is a fee for fingerprinting services that varies by location. We have scheduled Wednesday, Aug. 31, 1-3pm for fingerprinting at LCYC. You may also complete this on your own before this time if you cannot make it on this day. You must provide LCYC with a copy of your receipt as proof of completion. Click here to find LiveScan fingerprinting locations.
- Complete Online Basic Health & Safety Training: Register & Complete Training here, then save a copy of your certificate to send to LCYC. NOTE- this training is only available once a month and has a strict registration window for each session. Please make sure you sign up for and complete the course within the timeframe.
- Complete Online Child Care and COVID-19 Training: Register & Complete COVID-19 training here, then save a copy of your certificate to send to LCYC. These sessions are available weekly. Please be sure to complete the training during the available window.
- Medical Release Form (necessity for TB test is up to your physician)
- Noncriminal Justice Applicant’s Privacy Rights Form
- Release of Information Form (2-pages) MUST BE NOTARIZED- please return completed original form via mail to LCYC.
Return ALL forms to LCYC by Friday, Sept. 2 via email to email@example.com or mail to ATTN: Rana Oriolo, Director, LCYC Preschool, 10123 Connecticut Ave., Kensington, MD 20895. We require the original, notarized Release of Information Form returned via mail. All other forms can be sent as pdf via email.
IMPORTANT: If your co-op forms are not turned in by Friday, Sept. 2 you will not be able to co-op for the month of September. You will be invoiced the monthly tuition difference, until your forms are completed and you can be placed on the co-oper schedule.
Classroom Co-op Schedules will be posted here at least one month in advance.
**Classroom Co-oping is dependent upon COVID guidelines of the school year. If LCYC cannot have families participate in classroom co-oping, alternative volunteer opportunities will be available.
Extended Day- 12:15-3:15 pm
Our Extended Day program combines 3 and 4 year olds in an afternoon program that includes lunch from home, rest time, quiet play, outdoor play and special projects.